|Bavette with butter beans. Love this dish!|
What we ordered:
- Applewood smoked beignets - the creamy, bacon-y sauce makes these "double-dip worthy"
- The little gem salad is NOT your average salad! The petite young lettuce lightly dressed in a subtle apple vinagrette is a great way to start your meal.
- Riso nero venero - risotto made of small black kernels and dungeness crab. Wow.
- The bavette steak with butter bean compote; flavorful, perfectly cooked and tender.
- Ricotta gnocchi with nettle pesto. Again, not your average gnocchi! The gnocchi were light and puffy ("almost like baked cheetos" which didn't entirely amuse my dinner companion) with the pesto to add punch.
- Broccoli gratin - creamy farro, Montegrappa cheese and broccoli.
Frances is a top contender on my list of favorites and I can't wait to go back. A really great gem!
3870 17th St.