How it works
- Clean your chicken and season with salt/pepper and herbs of choice.
- Set over the vertical roaster (see photo below).
- Add to a 400 degree oven or grill.
- Roast for approx. 1 hour (depends on the size of chicken). Otherwise, check the internal temp with a thermometer.
- Basting: use the juices that collect at the bottom during cooking...yum!
When you pull the chicken out of the oven/off the grill, have a tray handy for the roaster. Let the chicken rest for approx. 20 minutes and you're ready to cut up.
A few obvious added benefits of the vertical roaster
- Fast clean up. Simply remove the fat collected in the tray and wash the rest as usual.
- Less space for storage. I fold up the roaster, throw into a plastic bag and into a drawer.
- Inexpensive. You can buy a vertical roaster for about $5 on eBay.
- Amazing chicken!
|The best part: everything is compact and lays flat.|
|Ready for roasting.|
|Could this be a little more beautiful? I think not!|